Sunday, December 30, 2007

4x4 Friday - Punchinella

As the new year quickly approaches, I've been looking for different challenge blogs/websites that will help me to keep creating even when I don't think I have the time. One of the sites I found is 4x4 Friday. I decided to get a jumpstart on my New Year's Resolution to create more art and do this weeks Friday challenge. Here is my first 4x4 challenge entry.
I had so much fun making this. It was one of those creating experiences that fed on itself. As I thought about the punchinella (the waste product from making sequins - for those of you who didn't know), I thought of using it like a fence with an animal. After that, it was just a matter of following the various associations that my mind made. I love when things like that happen! And I'm ready for the January challenges because I cut enough 4x4 pieces of matboard to do five more challenges. So bring it on!

6 comments:

Rika said...

This is great, love this!

SALTZWORKS said...

Thanks for telling me what Punchinella (sp?) was :)

Love the 4x4 - Can't wait to see what else comes along in your creative brain!

Barbara said...

So fun, love this and your sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

Had a little trouble with your link, but I kept trying, so glad I did. Your rooster riding man is excellent! Wonderful piece of art!
Hope you join in more challenges, there are some fun ones out there!
Happy New Year!

girlgonethreadwild said...

What a fun piece! I'm on that same mission to feed my art soul in 2008. I've been scouring the net for challenges, etc when it hit me... GET BACK TO MAKING DOLLS. :) Happy 2008, I hope it overflows with joy, love and happiness for you. xo, Monica :)

Vel said...

I was searching on punchinella (love this stuff) and came across your blog. Beautiful, beautiful work!