Thursday, June 7, 2007

Finished My First Lesson

Last Sunday I found out about an online artists group that was doing a workshop based on the Bernie Berlin's Artist Trading Card Workshop book. It started that day so I spontaneously signed up because I loved the book and really wanted to go through it and try all the ideas (I couldn't have asked for a better way to do it). I joined the Artists of the Round Table (A.R.T. for short) and finished the first assignment for the workshop today. Here are the results of the first lesson.I don't think that the intuitive watercolor technique is my cup of tea. I do like how my sheep ATC turned out but I think the rest of the backgrounds I made will be used for collage style ATCs. This particular watercolor card was made using twinkling H2Os (I am just a sucker for a little bling). The second technique was to create a background with a watercolor saturated baby wipe. This background I didn't make into an ATC because I realized that the key to this type of background (at least for me) is to use one that is not imprinted with little images. However, the paper that I had underneath the baby wipe when I was coloring it turned out beautifully. I used a piece of it for the background on the "Wish You Were Here" ATC. And, yes, I used the twinkling H2Os again for this technique also. The last technique for this lesson was to used Lumiere paints on a paper towel to create a material for an ATC background. I've used paper towels for ATC backgrounds before so I knew that I would love this part of the lesson. I had a great time playing (which I really needed) and can't wait for the new lesson that will be posted on Sunday.

1 comment:

edith turk said...

Those lessons sound like a great way to learn new techniques!! I love your ATC's!! My favorite is the lumiere/paper towel...

BTW, TAG-You're it!! Check-out my blog for the details! :)