Saturday, June 16, 2007

Running a bit behind

This week was the last week of school for the boys and you would think that things would have been winding down. Instead, it was even more hectic than usual. Sunday is the deadline for lesson two of the ATC workshop I have been doing. I had time to finish two of the three techniques early in the week but couldn't get to the last one until today. I really enjoyed all three of the techniques in this lesson. The Inky Layers technique was probably the most challenging for me. I always feel like my layering of papers looks forced. I liked the results but I really need to practice this more. I also used the basic concept of this technique without the paper layers (which also produced a lovely background with the pigment inks accented with the glaze). I plan to make a few stencils that I can use for the future out of some acetate packaging that I have been saving.


The last part of the lesson required one of the backgrounds to be used to create an ATC. Because I was running late on finishing the assignment, I don't feel that the two ATCs I created are my best work but they are okay.

Now I'm off to work on my newest project. I joined a book group that is working through The Collage Discovery Workshop by Claudine Hellmuth. I need to work on developing my own definition of "collage". Watch for more of my studies related to this book in the future. :-)

3 comments:

Rachael said...

cool stuff, Diane!

SALTZWORKS said...

I really LOVE that green one Diane! That's a feather, right? Very cool!

Trish said...

Very cool Diane!

You have been tagged! Check out my blog!