Saturday, August 18, 2007

Touching Lives

Today started out as a classic "lazy Saturday" as I listened to the pitter patter of raindrops on the roof. The windows had been open so I had snuggled under my blankets and started my day by enjoying the luxury of sleeping in. As the day went on, I was excited to finally have come up with a concept for a project I had been struggling with and headed into my studio full of energy to complete that and another one that was close to completion. As I was working, I turned on my computer and checked my email. As I was reading through the digest of one of the Yahoo groups I belong to, I was stunned to find out that Vickie Enkoff had died. Vickie was the owner of Creative Chaos Rubber Stamps, of which I had been a customer the past year. I was always so impressed with her products and the service that she offered. She was very open about her health issues on her website and yet as a customer, you always felt that you came first. Although I never met Vickie, her passing has saddened me greatly. I hope that she had some sense of how many lives she touched with her kindness and her love of art. My prayers go out to her and her family.

6 comments:

jadadog said...

I am lovin your new blog Diane!!

Karen said...

Geougeous new look!!!

Melanie said...

Your site looks beautiful, Diane!

SALTZWORKS said...

I'm just SO IMPRESSED - and JEALOUS!!! It makes me want a cool new look!

edith turk said...

LOVE the new look of your blog, Di!! You are well on your way to being a successful artist!!

p.s. I am tagging you again--are you sick of me yet? See my blog for more details!

:D

scrappermimi said...

You blog looks AMAZING, very impressed!