Friday, February 8, 2008

A Day That Truly Sings

I have to share some of the highlights of my past few days. I will admit that I was in a bit of a slump for the past week but today I felt like the planets were aligned. Okay, maybe not the whole day. My day was supposed to start with my one month post-LASIK checkup for my eyes. Unfortunately for my doctor, it was not his day. He was in an accident on the way to work and never made it. According to the staff, his car was totaled but fortunately, he was not seriously injured. Anyway, I had planned to have lunch with my friend Penny on State Street and treat myself to a few "artist fieldtrips" along the way. Since I got downtown almost an hour before I was to meet Penny, I was going to check out an exhibit at the Overture Center but ended up detouring to a little shop that I had always wanted to check out. The name of the store is ShangriLa Collections and they carry all sorts of imported items from the Himalayan Region.
I have been fascinated by Tibetan Singing Bowls since I first heard about them a few years ago. I had looked for them online and at various shops but never found any. In this wonderful little shop, my search ended today. They had several different ones and this is the one that chose to come home with me. It has a wonderful sound and I can't wait to learn more about the tradition and beliefs associated with the bowls. The rest of my day included a few more fun purchases and then an evening spent with Kurt and the boys. All in all, it was a lovely day.

I also want to share one last thing for today. Yesterday I finished my last ZNE Book Club assignment. It was the first time I did something like this on a stretched canvas. I am really please with how it turned out although I need to get a better photo. Hopefully, I will fix that soon. So now I'm off to do some reading before bed. My book group meets on Sunday and I have a lot of the book left to read. This month we are reading Thunderstruck by Erik Larson.

4 comments:

SALTZWORKS said...

I'm interested in why you think you need a new photo - that one looks great!
I love serendipitous days :) Glad you happened on one!
Are you as snowed in as we are?? Holy Cow, I think of you everytime we get buried, thinking it must be REALLY cold up where you are!

sf said...

Oh! The singing bowl looks so amazingly, truly gorgeous. I can only imagine it's sweet sound.
Your day, equally so!
sarah

Rachael said...

That bowl is so neat!!!

I want to go on an adventure with you!! It seems like you have such cool little shops in your area!! Plus, I'd get to meet Penny too! :)

Traicee said...

Hi Diane! Love the bowl, and its so good to catch up on your blog! I look at the teacher frame you made for me during secret sisters quite often, and wonder how you are doing. (((hugs)))