Tuesday, January 29, 2008

GPP Street Team Crusade #16

Yippee! After many months of stalking Michelle Ward's Green Pepper Press Street Team blog and thinking "I'm gonna do that", I FINALLY DID A CRUSADE!!!

Crusade #16 was to "Journal your Blog" -- Pick a post and add it to a page in your visual journal. I did have an art journal that I had started late last year but it has been slow going. But earlier this week, I decided what I wanted to do for the GPP Street Team Crusades was to work larger (especially since I tend to work small). So I bought a heavyweight drawing pad that is 11" x 14" and I'm using that for my crusade entries. I will admit there is another reason for the use of the large journal but that will wait for another day. Because of my hard drive crash and the fact that I lost all but two (the ones I posted on the blog) of my photos from our vacation to Arizona, I decided to journal the September 8th blog post entitled "Time to get caught up". I only journaled the first part of that entry (just in case you check up on me) since it captured the extremes of the story. I also decided to handwrite the blog entry. It just seemed like the thing to do.

7 comments:

michelle ward said...

Hey Diane! Welcome aboard. GLad to have you join in on the Crusade. Terrific journal page - love the raindrops! Thanks for linking us back to your original post. Happy to hear that this crusade motivated you to get working in your journal. I'm sorry about the flooded basement (been there!) and the crashed hard drive (been there too!). How cool you could recover the photos and thoughts from that vacation time and move it onto a page. Thanks for sharing!

Jodi Peary said...

I am glad you decided to join the Street Team; we all have so much to learn and share with each other. I find the time I spend away from my art to visit friends here, is gifted back to me in inspiration and ideas. I have the roles of mother and wife....before mixed media artist as well and also enjoy saving my blog for that part of myself.
jodi

Loudlife said...

Hey Diane, welcome to the Art Crusade! I know I was just here the other day, but today I'm looking at Crusader art.

Your journal page is great and I love the way the raindrops become negative space on the page. Very cool.

Thanks for sharing!
Laurie

forcryeye said...

That is so cool that you decided to go to a larger size and out of your comfort zone.

Penny Rabbit said...

Your layout is wonderful! I can just feel the rain, gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Diane! Beautiful post, love that you handwrote the journal entry... great colors, especially for us northerners getting a foot of snow today!!! Glad to have you on the team, looking forward to seeing more of your work... all my best!

SALTZWORKS said...

This is so cool!!! I'm going to have to look further into this Crusade thing - Thanks for being so creative and for DOING things Diane :)