Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Gave myself a kick in the butt

For the last few days I have been in a bit of a funk, both creatively and with everyday life. I've been following the Artist's Way by Julia Cameron and when I was writing my morning pages this morning, I realized that I needed to get angry with myself in order to get myself moving forward. I didn't actually devote any time to working on my art, but I did get a lot done which has felt really good. I've gotten a clearer picture of what I want out of life and have now mapped out a path to begin the journey.

I have been really focused on the changes going on at The Scrapbooking Society alot over the past few months. Yesterday was the big day that the I Love 2 Create went live. There are still some glitches to be worked out, but it is looking great. I am so excited about the kits that Melynda is offering in the store. She has always been such an inspiration and the Scrapbook Society monthly kits have given me the confidence to explore so many different avenues with my art. Right now I am eagerly awaiting the April kit that will feature Stampbord as the technique. This is one of those products that I fell in love with it the moment I saw it (plus I got to play with it at CHA). Even though I bought some after returning from CHA, I am still really excited to get it in the kit. This weekend will be dedicated to work with the kit and making the samples for in the gallery (at least when I'm not driving the boys to soccer games).

Tomorrow I plan to spend some time in my studio so hopefully I will have some fresh artwork to post tomorrow night.

No comments: