Thursday, March 29, 2007

Placemat Crafts

Last year I had the inspiration to use some placemats to make a window valance. I was looking for a valance when I found placemats that coordinated with my new shower curtain. My friend Dayna was with me at the time and looked at me pretty strange but knew I would make it work - and I did.

About a month ago I saw directions for making a purse using a placemat. I was very intrigued by it but forgot about it until I saw a Target ad that had a gorgeous placemat. As soon as I saw it I began to obsess on making it into a tote bag, but not just a tote bag but a reversible tote bag. Well, I finished it tonight and am so psyched by how it turned out. I will take some pics tomorrow to post.

We are heading into spring break so I'm not sure how cooperative the boys will be with my artistic time. Hopefully, I can do the felted project that I have been thinking about lately...stay tuned.

No comments: