Sunday, July 22, 2007

Luckiest girl alive


After an exhausting three days walking for floor of the CHA trade show, I'm finally home and ready for a good night's sleep. But first I have to share a bit about my post-CHA stops in Chicago before I headed for home. Both Melynda (from ILove2Create.com and I love vintage stuff so I promised her a trip to a great place that I had been to many, many years ago before I took her to the airport. So we finished up at CHA before noon and headed to Salvage One. We had a great time browsing through the store (okay, I did purchase some really cool vintage printing blocks). We also discovered a couple of other VERY COOL shops. Right next door, was a great shop called El Paso Import Co.. If you are ever in Chicago, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND checking out this place if you need any furniture or home decor items. Jon, the manager is an awesome guy! As we were looking around the store, I spotted a wicker mannequin that was fabulous and immediately checked for a price. When he saw me looking at it, he said "Do you want that, take it!" It turned out that someone had left it in front of his store just a couple of days before that. So he literally "gave" it to me. Of course, he now has my undying devotion. Don't you just love it?

By the way, if you haven't checked out the ILove2Create blog lately, definitely do. Melynda has posted tons of sneak peeks from CHA and is giving away fabulous prizes. Okay, time to for me to get some sleep...

7 comments:

Trish said...

Wow Diane, I love your new free find! What an awesome store manager!

Unknown said...

She looks adorable on your table. I already placed my little blue teapot on the shelf in my living room. It was great fun and wonderful prices.

Karen said...

How cool!

SALTZWORKS said...

I just bought a wire frame almost like that!! WOW, FREE!!! You lucky lucky!

. said...

That rocks!! And to think I was excited Walmart price matched their scissors for 25cents. You got something even cooler for free!!! I think your manequin needs a name. I was going to say Jon after the manager and realized "she" has boobs!!

Rachael said...

How cool is that? What an awesome, pocketbook friendly find!!

scrappermimi said...

Sounds like a great trip, and how cool you new little freebie is.